Hanford Communities is pleased to share Hanford-related news and updates through the Summer 2022 Newsletter (July – September).
Hanford Communities’ newsletters are prepared on a quarterly basis, recapping Hanford-related events and stories that affect the Tri-Cities community. If you’re not on our email distribution list already and would like to receive updates, feel free to sign up here. And let us know if you have suggestions for topics we should cover in future newsletters!
Representing local governments in our region on Hanford issues, we are dedicated to bridging the gap between Hanford Site cleanup and our community. We’re committed to a safe and effective Hanford cleanup, and promoting opportunities for the public to be part of the conversation. Here’s what we covered in the Summer 2022 Hanford Communities newsletter…
In this issue:
- Secretary Granholm Views Hanford Progress, Discusses Bright Future for Tribes, Community
- Twelve Agencies and Organizations Call on Pres. Biden to Increase Hanford Funding
- Energy Secretary Agrees Tri-Cities Assets ‘Irresistible’ for Growing Clean Energy Hub
- Vit Plant Prepares for Melter Heatup, Begins Installing Startup Heaters
- Ecology and Energy Reach Agreement to Address Hanford’s Leaking Underground Tanks
- Hanford Tank Waste Evaporator Gets New Transfer Lines
- Additional Basin to Support Hanford Tank Waste Treatment Nearly Complete
For more Hanford updates, visit our NEWS page.