Hanford Communities is pleased to share Hanford-related news and updates through the Fall 2022 Newsletter (October – December).
Hanford Communities’ newsletters are prepared on a quarterly basis, recapping Hanford-related events and stories that affect the Tri-Cities community. If you’re not on our email distribution list already and would like to receive updates, feel free to sign up here. And let us know if you have suggestions for topics we should cover in future newsletters!
Representing local governments in our region on Hanford issues, we are dedicated to bridging the gap between Hanford Site cleanup and our community. We’re committed to a safe and effective Hanford cleanup, and promoting opportunities for the public to be part of the conversation. Here’s what we covered in the Fall 2022 Hanford Communities newsletter…
In this issue:
- World’s Largest Radioactive Waste Melter Halted in Eastern WA, it was Overheating
- Metamorphosis: ‘Cocooning’ Complete for Seventh Hanford Reactor Building
- Every WA Congressional Leader is Sending Biden the Same Message About the Hanford Nuclear Site
- Hanford Site Groundwater Program Continues to Build on Cleanup Progress
- Contractors Collaborate on Safety and Progress at Hanford’s 324 Building
- Crews Making Progress at Hanford’s Former Plutonium Processing Facility
- U.S. Spending Bill Passes with More Money for Hanford Cleanup – ‘Big Step,’ Inslee Says
- Manhattan Project National Historical Park Takes Spotlight in 2023 Stamp Set
For more Hanford updates, visit our NEWS page.