Hanford Communities is pleased to share Hanford-related news and updates through the Winter 2023 Newsletter (January – March).
Hanford Communities’ newsletters are prepared on a quarterly basis, recapping Hanford-related events and stories that affect the Tri-Cities community. If you’re not on our email distribution list already and would like to receive updates, feel free to sign up here. And let us know if you have suggestions for topics we should cover in future newsletters!
Representing local governments in our region on Hanford issues, we are dedicated to bridging the gap between Hanford Site cleanup and our community. We’re committed to a safe and effective Hanford cleanup, and promoting opportunities for the public to be part of the conversation. Here’s what we covered in the Winter 2023 Hanford Communities newsletter…
In this issue:
- Hanford’s Vit Plant Shares Passing of Project Director Valerie McCain
- Workers Start Emptying Radioactive Waste from Massive, Leak-Prone Hanford Tank
- Record Hanford WA Nuclear Cleanup Budget Proposed. But Will it Hit a Political Roadblock?
- Ecology Continues “Let’s Talk About Hanford” Series with Discussion on Radiation Protection
- Feds Move Ahead with Tests for Faster, Cheaper Treatment of Hanford Waste
- Will a Half-Built, Multi-Billion Dollar Nuclear Waste Plant Ever Get Used?
- Crews Transport Hanford Tanks for Disposal
- Joint Contractor Teams Safely Transfer Aging Spent Fuel Canisters at Hanford
- Ecology: Behind the Scenes at the Nuclear Waste Program
- Hanford Offers Innovative Respiratory Training Curriculum
For more Hanford updates, visit our NEWS page.