Hanford Communities is pleased to share Hanford-related news and updates through the Spring 2023 Newsletter (April – June).
Hanford Communities’ newsletters are prepared on a quarterly basis, recapping Hanford-related events and stories that affect the Tri-Cities community. If you’re not on our email distribution list already and would like to receive updates, feel free to sign up here. And let us know if you have suggestions for topics we should cover in future newsletters!
Representing local governments in our region on Hanford issues, we are dedicated to bridging the gap between Hanford Site cleanup and our community. We’re committed to a safe and effective Hanford cleanup, and promoting opportunities for the public to be part of the conversation. Here’s what we covered in the Spring 2023 Hanford Communities newsletter…
In this issue:
- DOE Shifts Gears on its Approach to Remediating Hanford’s 324 Building
- DOE Preps for Phase II of the Test Bed Initiative
- E. Washington Officials Try Again to Fire Up World’s Largest Radioactive Waste Melter
- State of Washington, Federal Agencies Announce Conceptual Agreement in Hanford Site Holistic Negotiations
- Settlement Reached in Appeal of Hanford Site Leaking Tanks Agreed Order
- Open Season: Visitors Set Sights on Hanford B Reactor Tours
- Bechtel Names New Vit Plant Project Director
- Hanford Makes Progress Retrieving Tank Waste, Prepares for Future Transfers
- EM Invests $30 Million in Hanford Tank Waste Research & Development
For more Hanford updates, visit our NEWS page.