Hanford Communities is pleased to share Hanford-related news and updates through the Summer 2023 Newsletter (July – September).
Hanford Communities’ newsletters are prepared on a quarterly basis, recapping Hanford-related events and stories that affect the Tri-Cities community. If you’re not on our email distribution list already and would like to receive updates, feel free to sign up here. And let us know if you have suggestions for topics we should cover in future newsletters!
Representing local governments in our region on Hanford issues, we are dedicated to bridging the gap between Hanford Site cleanup and our community. We’re committed to a safe and effective Hanford cleanup, and promoting opportunities for the public to be part of the conversation. Here’s what we covered in the Summer 2023 Hanford Communities newsletter…
In this issue:
- ‘Major Step.’ World’s Largest Radioactive Waste Melter Heats to 2,100° in E. WA
- ‘One Hanford.’ Feds Double Down on Consolidated Leadership of Nuclear Waste Cleanup
- Crews Drilling Deep to Expand Groundwater Treatment at Hanford
- Settlement Reached to Ensure Access to Critical Hanford Site Data
- Molten Glass Fills Vit Plant Melter
- Feds Release Plan to Clean Up Highly Radioactive Building by Richland
- Historic B Reactor in Eastern WA Shutting Down Tours for 2 Years. Why it’s Closing.
- Hanford Plant Earns Important Cybersecurity Authorization
For more Hanford updates, visit our NEWS page.